The 1st Week，April
- The proposal for Redspot v0.4 has been completed and we are expected to submit it next week.
- Researched the browser and the local folder communication to realize the program.
- The account signature part is being designed and rewritten, and the browser extension signature will be supported.
- Added support for @doc.
- Smart contract integration, Iterating the chain of Inheritance and generating Message has been finished.
- Completed the smart contract inheritance, relying on the expansion plan annotated in the file.
- Define how the @pack mode works.
- Improve Primitive data and support Pack mode.
- Realized the StorableArray class and supported access to the array in the @storage class (partially completed).
- Completed the prototype design of some Europa products.
- The proposal for Europa v0.3 has been completed and we are expected to submit it next week.
- All methods of Flipper have been finished.
Support calling contract methods with parameters.
- Supported state storage according to the contract Code Hash.
The storage interface has been implemented, which can be used by external platforms for persistent storage of the state of the contract.
Completed the reconstruction of Elara’s official website.
- Created a new repository（https://github.com/patractlabs/patracts）to implement the new contract specifications established by Patract.
- Designed the contract deposit model, adopted the method of charging by bytes + storage items, each time the contract is created or called, the deposit will be deducted from the caller’s Gas Fee when the storage is increased, and the deposit will be stored in the public deposit pool. When the storage is reduced , Return the deposit corresponding to the reduced storage to the callers.
- Preliminary realization of contract mortgage model, it is in the debugging and verification stage.
- Completed the high-fidelity design drawings of related pages of blocks, transactions, and events.
- Completed the prototype design of the account browsing page.
- Relevant data modeling and analysis under the account system.
- Front-end pages development for blocks, transactions, and events.
- Add missing fields and filter conditions for blockchain and accounts API.
- Update the documentation of the API.
#Contract Storage Mortgage Model
- Analyzed the shortcomings of the storage rent model of the Substrate Contracts Pallet, compared it with the storage deposit model scheme, and outputted an analysis article.
- Discussed the pros and cons of the current contract storage rent model with the official developers of Parity, discussed the deficiencies of the upper ink! language function and the decoupling of the underlying rent model, and participated in planning the future development direction of the module.
Designed the basic information of the transaction module and the prototype of the contract call display, and improved the relevant requirements documents.
Marketing and Opertation
#Wasm Contract Open Platform
- Patract will support the privacy DeFi protocol — Manta Network to integrate Wasm contract functions.Link for details.
- Litentry develops ink! contracts based on Patract’s Redspot and Europa products to expand the identity service ecosystem.Link for details.
- Polkadot unsecured lending system — Bandot announced to join Patract Wasm Contract Open Platform.
- OpenSquare will partner with Patract to develop a multi-asset gas mechanism. Link for details.
#Patract’s Council work
- Voted aye for Kusama Council motion #282, regarding Bitfwd’s application of treasury expenditures for parachain-related activities.
- Voted aye for Kusama Council motion #283, regarding Hypercube’s application of treasury expenditures for Kusama’s educational video production.
- Voted aye for Polkadot Council motion #73, regarding OpenSquare’s treasury expenditure application for the treasury support website doTreasury.
On April 1, Patract founder Lipeng Yue was invited to participate in the Polkadot Beijing panel for NFT special Meetup. During the event, Phala, Bifrost, Crust, Litentry, and SubDao discussed the challenges facing the development of NFT and the advantages of choosing Polkadot to develop NFT .
Patract is providing solutions for the development of Parachains and DApps in the Wasm smart contract ecosystem of Polkadot. We help the community to design and develop on-chain contract modules and Runtime support, and provide DApp developers with full-stack tools and services support, covering development, testing, debugging, deployment, monitoring, data provider and front-end development stages.