Wasm Contract Summary from Alliance Members （June,2021）
Patract Open Platform’s goal is to promote the large-scale popularization of Wasm contract technology in the Polkadot ecosystem. Patract Open Platform (POP for short, Wasm Contract Technology Alliance) will jointly promote the construction of public infrastructure and the evolution of contract technology, and provide brand promotion and capital support, then creating a strong alliance for Wasm contract ecosystem.
#Plasm （Astar Network）— — X-VM
Plasm（already renamed to Astar Network）has introduced its new proposed core feature called the X-VM (Cross Virtual Machine). The vision for X-VM is to establish a layer of abstraction that allows smart contracts to execute calls and read storage data from different contract engines (virtual machine) and languages (ex, interacting with Solidity dApps written in ink! or vise versa) within the same blockchain.
Astar Network plans to implement a Proof-of-concept version of the Substrate contract module call as an EVM precompiled contract for the Frontier library in Substrate. This will enable a one-directional contract call from EVM to ink!. At the moment, calling the Substrate contract pallet as a precompiled contract on EVM will be limited in functionality. Still, we hope to use this PoC implementation as the beginning for developing X-VM as a native module that can unify the various contract engines, like how the OVM unifies the layer 2 protocols.
Prior to this, an article on the Application of WebAssembly Technology in Bifrost Network was published on the Wechat official account which is summarized about Runtime, Contract, status quo, etc. Among them, Bifrost also proposed a new contract charge strategy for the economic model, that is, a charging method that users and projects allocate according to a certain ratio. The specific ratio value can be set by DApps or contract projects (currently still in the design and planning stage ).
#Zenlink — — DEX Protocol
Zenlink DEX Protocol v0.4 Module Wasm version has been upgraded in May! This version mainly adapts to the latest Polkadot v0.9.1 code, has the ability to quickly integrate into the latest parachain, and also has the ability to deploy to WASM contract parallel in the first time, greatly improving the applicability of the platform.
Ask! (AssemblyScript e-DSL) v0.2
- Improved the sub-options of @storage, @message annotations, and added @event annotations.
- Added composite data types of StorableMap, StorableArray.
- Provide example contracts such as ERC20, ERC721, crosscall, etc.
Pallet-Patracts (Customized Contract Model) v0.1
- Changed the Pallet-Contracts’s storage rent model to storage deposit model without the need to argue about who should continuously transfer rent into the contract and worry about the contract may be killed because of attack.
Redspot (scaffold) v0.4
- Add Multi-contracts compilation support for ink! and Solang.
- Automatically adds types of known chains like Canvas, Jupiter, Europa, Edgeware, Plasm, and Clover.
Europa (sandbox) v0.3
- Strengthen the functions related to the contract execution system in the contract UI section.
- Provide the interface and UI to operate Europa’s special RPC functions and display state changes.
Metis (ink! and Ask! standard library) M1
Implement basic component macros and components, improve component testing support, developers can build regular DAPPs based on Metis.
- Token: ERC20, ERC721, ERC777, ERC1155, and the expansion contract of the above Token contract.
- Access: Ownable, AccessControl, TimelockController.
- Security: PullPayment, ReentrancyGuard, Pausable.
Jupiter (Wasm Contract Testnet) v1.0.2
- Reset based on substrate-polkadot-v0.9.3 because the frame-system’s AccountInfo is AccountInfoWithTripleRefCount in polkadot.js
- Upgrade to the latest Pallet-Contract with new features.
ZoPatract (ZoKrates for ink!)
ZoPatract is a toolbox adapted to ink! contract for zkSNARKs on Jupiter. It is a side project for zkMega.
- Simple and easy-to-use high-level programming language and reusable standard library (including Hasher, Elliptic curve cryptography, Multiplexer, etc.)
- Powerful basic functions (supported Curves are ALT_BN128, BLS12_381, BLS12_377, BW6_761, Schemes support G16, GM17, PGHR13, Backends support Bellman, Libsnark, Arkworks)
- Finished Patract-Archive.
- Product docs about Chain, Account, Governance.
- UI Prototype Design about Chain, Account.
About Patract Labs
Patract Labs is providing solutions for the development of Parachains and DApps in the Wasm smart contract ecosystem of Polkadot. We help the community to design and develop on-chain contract modules and Runtime support, and provide DApp developers with full-stack tools and services support, covering development, testing, debugging, deployment, monitoring, data provider and front-end development stages.